WWE NXT on USA Network # 533
Location: Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida, USA
Date: May 20, 2020 | WWE NXT on USA
After looking back at what happened in the past week, the show begins with the arrival of Karrion Kross and Scarlett. The commentators mention that the duo is known as “Fall & Prey”.
Karrion Kross (w / Scarlett) won against Liam via submission in the Kross Jacket.
Match time: 00:48
After the match, Tommaso Ciampa enters the stage who was attacked by Kross a few weeks ago. Ciampa understands the motivation of Kross’ Attack to attack a main attraction of NXT to get the spotlight. He slowly goes to the ring and brings the skills of Kross over. Scarlett holds up the ropes so Ciampa can enter the ring. A star-down follows between the two rivals. At the end Ciampa announces that the two will play a match on “Takeover: In Your House”.
Interim WWE NXT Cruiserweight Title Tournament – Block B – Singles Match WWE NXT on USA
El Hijo del Fantasma [2:1] won against Akira Tozawa [2:1] via pin after the phantom driver.
Match time: 11:27
– Through direct comparison, El Hijo del Fantasma moves into the final.
Timothy Thatcher holds a promo towards Matt Riddle. He had left the Matt Riddle Circus last week and had enjoyed taking Riddle’s leg apart. The next duel will not require a cheap maneuver for a pin, because you can only win via knockout or submission.
A vignette now deals with Shotzi Blackheart. She explains her preference for tanks, her machine is called “Dirty Blond”. She shares a lot in common with tanks because they would give a shit about everything. Thanks to her father, she came to rock ‘n’ roll music and she likes the punk rock style more, which is also reflected in wrestling. At the end of the vignette, she disassembles some cars with her tank and promises that she will also disassemble the NXT Women’s Division.
Singles match – WWE NXT on USA
Mia Yim won against Santana Garrett via pin after the Protect Ya Neck.
Match time: 01:13
After the match, Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae come out. They hold a promo towards Yim, surrounding the ring. Yim defends himself and can throw Gargano off the apron. A brawl arises between her and LeRae until Gargano pulls down the middle rope so that Yim falls out of the ring. NXT North American Champion Keith Lee makes the save for his partner and the Gargano couple retire.
In a promo, Cameron Grimes recaps his greatest success at NXT. That’s how he defeated Finn Balor last week, but of course he ignores Damien Priest’s decisive intervention. Now it’s time.
In the backstage area, Drake Maverick is interviewed. The Brit says that he has heard all statements and clichés about underdogs. To keep his hope, he has to hit one of the best cruiserweights today.
Before the next match, the Undisputed Era goes on stage. NXT champion Adam Cole promises that he will hold a celebration of his one-year title reign next week. He then retires with Bobby Fish so that Roderick Strong can take the win against Dexter Lumis.
Roderick Strong won against Dexter Lumis via pin after a cradle.
Match time: 11:28
Strong’s victory celebration is interrupted after the match by Lumis, who chooses him unconscious in a catagamame. Bobby Fish & Adam Cole hurry over and step on Lumis, but this no-sold kicks. Before Cole can show the last shot, Velveteen Dream attacks him. Dream can also turn Fish off and then uses a super kick to move Cole over the audience barriers. He ends his attack with the Purple Rainmaker from the ring outside while Lumis caresses the unconscious Strong.
After the commercial break, it is shown how Akira Tozawa and El Hijo del Fantasma show mutual respect for their match. Before the Mexican can set off, the two masked kidnappers appear. They attack Tozawa and want to kidnap him, but Fantasma can make the save.
Tag team match
Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan won against Ever-Rise (Matt Martel & Chase Parker) via submission by Matt Martel in a Half Boston Crab by Oney Lorcan.
Match time: 01:33
Keith Lee speaks backstage about the attack by Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae. If Gargano wants to solve his problem with him, then they can take care of it at “Takeover: In Your House”.
Now Matt Riddle comments on the feud with Timothy Thatcher. He accepts Thatcher’s challenge to a Submission or KO Only match. Riddle adds that the place is known to both – a cage.
Interim WWE NXT Cruiserweight Title Tournament – Block A – Singles Match
Drake Maverick [2:1] won against KUSHIDA [2:1] via pin after a roller.
Match time: 12:02
– During the match, Jake Atlas went to the edge of the ring to watch the match.
After the match, Byron Saxton explains the situation. On behalf of NXT General Manager William Regal, he announces that there will be a triple threat match between Maverick, KUSHIDA and Atlas next week. The winner of the “tie-break” match will compete against El Hijo del Fantasma in the final of the Interim WWE NXT Cruiserweight Championship.
In the next week there will be a “cage fight” between Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher in addition to the final of Block A. In addition, the match Tommaso Ciampa vs. Karrion Kross hyped for “Takeover: In Your House”.
Damien Priest is holding a promo. His goal is to become a champion. However, this priority has shifted with the return of Finn Balor, who is a big goal. Priest announces that he will meet Balor at Takeover: In Your House.
Io Shirai vs. Rhea Ripley ended in a no contest after Charlotte Flair intervened in the match.
Match time: 11:01
Charlotte Flair can take down Io Shirai with a running big boot and gives Rhea Ripley a spear. She poses in the ring with the NXT Women’s Championship and with these pictures the show ends.
Jeff Hardy has renewed his WWE contract!
Jeff Hardy has renewed his WWE contract!
– There won’t be a reunion of the Hardys in the next few years, because Jeff Hardy has extended his WWE contract! What the reigning WWE Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy already hinted at in an interview with BT Sport recently has now been confirmed by Dave Meltzer. Jeff and his brother Matt had both signed 3-year contracts in 2017, but Jeff’s contract was unilaterally extended by WWE because the 43-year-old had been sidelined for a long time due to injuries and personal problems. While Matt left the market leader after the contract ended and signed with All Elite Wrestling, Jeff was bound even longer. But now he has signed a new contract that ties him to WWE for either 3 years or even 5 years.
– Meanwhile, WrestleVotes reports that another WWE Superstar recently decided not to renew his contract but to leave the company after his current contract ends. No information was given about who it was.
– For the past two weeks, Friday Night SmackDown has been broadcasting videos announcing the arrival of a blonde female wrestler. Meanwhile it is becoming apparent that this is Carmella, who will return to the shows with a new gimmick. The 32-year-old has not been part of the WWE shows since May, although it is unknown why she was absent. She played her last match on May 10 at the “Money in the Bank” PPV.
– Ivar is undergoing neck surgery this Monday in Birmingham, Alabama. It is still unclear which injury the Viking Raider sustained, but he is threatened with a break of at least a year. Todd Smith, his real name, had previously struggled with neck problems, which were exacerbated by the unsuccessful dive last week. The injury could also be very bad news for his tag team partner Erik. Injury to a tag team wrestler at WWE very often means that his partner also wastes the shows. Erik’s defeat to Lashley yesterday in just 2 minutes should not be a good sign for the 36-year-old.
– Dominik Mysterio made it to the top of WWE within a few weeks. As the PWInsider reports, the WWE officials already count the 23-year-old among the top 3 or top 4 baby faces in the RAW roster. Rey Mysterio’s son has more than just convinced the WWE officials since his first match at the “WWE SummerSlam” and there is currently no end in sight to his push.
Jeff Hardy has renewed his WWE contract!
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.