WWE NXT on USA Network # 537
Location: Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida, USA
Date: June 17, 2020
After looking back at what happened in the last week, the first match starts immediately and the commentators Tom Phillips, Mauro Ranallo and Beth Phoenix welcome us to today’s show.
1st match | WWE NXT on USA Network # 537
WWE NXT Tag Team Championship
Tag team match
Imperium (Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner) (c) won against Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango) via Pin an Fandango by Fabian Aichner after a DDT.
Match time: 12:22
– Malcolm Bivens came to the ring with Indus Sher before the finish. Shortly after, Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch followed who started a brawl with Rinku & Sarouv.
Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch help Tyler Breeze & Fandango up after the match, while Malcolm Bivens stops his charges from attacking again.
Velveteen Dream is interviewed backstage by Tom Phillips that he will not get a chance at the NXT Championship as long as Adam Cole holds the title. Just as he wants to answer, Dexter Lumis shows up and places a drawing on Dream’s couch. You can see Dexter Lumis and Velveteen Dream as NXT Tag Team Champions. But Dream immediately makes it clear that there is a misunderstanding here. Even if they recently helped each other, Dream sees itself as a solo act.
Damian Priest arrives in the hall, in the background we see Cameron Grimes watching him.
Damian Priest won against Killian Dane via pin after reckoning.
Match time: 05:40
A video package for NXT Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar and his new grouping is recorded. The former El Hijo del Fantasma announces that he will change the history of the Lucha Libre and everything will start this evening.
Aliyah won against Xia Li via pin after a rollerball after Robert Stone caused distraction.
Match time: 01:45
Aliyah and Robert Stone then leave the hall together.
In the next video we see Timothy Thatcher’s brutal training seminar. He first demonstrated the possibilities of a Fujiwara armbar and processed a first wrestling student. He takes a second student in a double wristlock. At the end he says to the students that this was only the beginning, next week the real work will start.
Before the show: Bobby Fish and Adam Cole talk about how they could help Roderick Strong. When Strong joins them, they want to cheer him up, but that doesn’t work. Cole is sure that they will get old Roddy back.
Next we see Roderick Strong lying on a couch. Adam Cole and Bobby Fish got him a great doctor: Kyle O’Reilly! He has disguised himself as a narrow-minded psychologist and is now trying to get to the bottom of Strong’s problems. In the Rorschach test, Strong only sees Dexter Lumis or the truck he drove when he kidnapped Roddy. O’Reilly comes to the diagnosis that Strong has to face his fear, but by that he means the truck. Adam Cole & Bobby Fish take Strong outside to the truck. Strong does not want this, but then approaches the truck before running away.
McKenzie Mitchell is now interviewing Adam Cole. He thinks Karrion Kross & Scarlett just wanted to scare him last week, but it will end as always, with him on top. Keith Lee comes in and says that Kross & Scarlett were right, Cole’s time as an NXT champion is drawing to a close. However, Kross will not take the title from him, but himself. Keith Lee throws the hourglass that Scarlett had left to Adam Cole as a sign.
It continues with Adam Cole, who now grabs a microphone in the ring. He talks about his title run and that so far everyone has failed to take the title from him. Apparently everyone believes they can just challenge him like that, for example Karrion Kross. He still has another way to go before he has earned a title match. Then there would be Keith Lee who has his eye on the NXT Championship, although Cole actually wants the NXT North American Championship himself. After all, he was the first to win both titles. Keith Lee now comes out, but before he can say anything, Johnny Gargano shows up on the ramp. After pinning Lee last week, he now wants another chance for the NXT North American Championship. Candice LeRae will also win the NXT Women’s Championship, making them the first couple to hold two titles at the same time. Lee asks how Candice is doing, because last week he seemed to be more worried about her than Gargano himself. Now Finn Balor comes out too and he claims the NXT North American Championship, but after winning that title he will also get Adam Cole’s NXT Championship. NXT General Manager William Regal is now speaking on the big screen and announces that next week we will see Keith Lee vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Finn Balor will be seen around the NXT North American Championship. The winner of this match will then enter the ring on July 8th against Adam Cole, with the NXT North American Championship and the NXT Championship at stake.
Backstage, Keith Lee is confronted by Candice LeRae until she is suddenly attacked by Mia Yim.
- Match | WWE NXT on USA Network # 537
Dakota Kai (f / Raquel Gonzalez) won against Kayden Carter (f / Kacy Catanzaro) via submission.
Match time: 02:42
– Kacy Catanzaro and Raquel Gonzalez clashed before the finish.
A camera films the hourglass lying on the floor. Scarlett comes in, runs his hand through the sand. Karrion Kross is there too, but neither says a word.
Mercedes Martinez will return soon.
5th match | WWE NXT on USA Network # 537
Bronson Reed won against Leon Ruff via pin after a frog splash.
Match time: 00:24
Bronson Reed says after the match that he’s not someone you just forget. He challenges Karrion Kross to a match next week.
We see an angry Damian Priest who has just discovered that someone has stabbed the tires of his car. Cameron Grimes comes by and laughs and asks if he should call Priest an Uber before driving away.
Santos Escobar comes into the hall together with Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde. He explains that the world only sees the mask from a luchador. It was his life for 20 years, but he knew that on this worldwide stage the end of El Hijo del Fantasma would come. He will make Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde leaders because he is the leader of leaders. Together they will make history. Drake Maverick interrupts the promo and congratulates Escobar for successfully leading him around. People say that he has more guts than brains, and that’s probably true. After these words, Drake Maverick starts an attack, but he is quickly dealt with by the three heels. Ultimately, Escobar gives the British a phantom driver from a platform through a table.
For the next week the matches Karrion Kross vs. Bronson Reed and Cameron Grimes vs. Damian Priest announced, as will also be mentioned as Keith Lee vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Finn Balor coming for the NXT North American Championship.
WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship
Tag team match
Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) won against Shotzi Blackheart & Tegan Nox via submission by Shotzi Blackheart in Sasha Banks’ Banks statement.
Match time: 11:37
– Bayley brought a chair into play, but Tegan Nox took it from her in time. The referee was distracted by this and while he was taking care of Nox and the chair, Bayley used the distraction to prepare for victory.
When Sasha Banks & Bayley celebrate their victory after the match, they are suddenly attacked by Io Shirai and driven out of the ring. The show comes to an end with a star-down between the NXT Women’s Champion and the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions.
Jeff Hardy has renewed his WWE contract!
Jeff Hardy has renewed his WWE contract!
– There won’t be a reunion of the Hardys in the next few years, because Jeff Hardy has extended his WWE contract! What the reigning WWE Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy already hinted at in an interview with BT Sport recently has now been confirmed by Dave Meltzer. Jeff and his brother Matt had both signed 3-year contracts in 2017, but Jeff’s contract was unilaterally extended by WWE because the 43-year-old had been sidelined for a long time due to injuries and personal problems. While Matt left the market leader after the contract ended and signed with All Elite Wrestling, Jeff was bound even longer. But now he has signed a new contract that ties him to WWE for either 3 years or even 5 years.
– Meanwhile, WrestleVotes reports that another WWE Superstar recently decided not to renew his contract but to leave the company after his current contract ends. No information was given about who it was.
– For the past two weeks, Friday Night SmackDown has been broadcasting videos announcing the arrival of a blonde female wrestler. Meanwhile it is becoming apparent that this is Carmella, who will return to the shows with a new gimmick. The 32-year-old has not been part of the WWE shows since May, although it is unknown why she was absent. She played her last match on May 10 at the “Money in the Bank” PPV.
– Ivar is undergoing neck surgery this Monday in Birmingham, Alabama. It is still unclear which injury the Viking Raider sustained, but he is threatened with a break of at least a year. Todd Smith, his real name, had previously struggled with neck problems, which were exacerbated by the unsuccessful dive last week. The injury could also be very bad news for his tag team partner Erik. Injury to a tag team wrestler at WWE very often means that his partner also wastes the shows. Erik’s defeat to Lashley yesterday in just 2 minutes should not be a good sign for the 36-year-old.
– Dominik Mysterio made it to the top of WWE within a few weeks. As the PWInsider reports, the WWE officials already count the 23-year-old among the top 3 or top 4 baby faces in the RAW roster. Rey Mysterio’s son has more than just convinced the WWE officials since his first match at the “WWE SummerSlam” and there is currently no end in sight to his push.
Jeff Hardy has renewed his WWE contract!
Get more stuff
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.